Thursday, August 12, 2010

THE FIRST RAIN, THE LAST INSPIRATION


It was on a melancholic and lazy day that the blinding sun was covered by the lunar moon. I was sitting on the edge of my window sill clutching my phone tight waiting to hear it beep since the past half an hour. The color of the sky had instantly turned from light blue to grey but my uninspired emotions had changed quicker than i had imagined.

The fluffy clouds had started to cover the sky like a giant over powering the obstinate sun. It was going to be the first rain of the year, my greatest support and best critic over the years had come back once again just when i needed it. There was a slight clap of thunder and i had an adrenaline rush for the first time in a long time. I clutched my phone tighter and ran to grab my slippers. In no time the clap of thunder had changed into the clattering of raindrops on the road where i was now walking with the rain. I walked and walked, talking to every drop of rain, not realizing that the road did not end. A drop of rain fell on my eyelid; beneath which there were numerous dreams hiding shyly in their cocoon. Looking far at the everlasting horizon i imagined myself there. My heart instantly skipped a beat- the dreams had come out, the feelings were stronger, the promises had become faithful and the inspiration had made a giant leap.

My phone suddenly beeped twice, the first message read 'You are in' and the second 'I love You'... I replied to both of them by typing 2 words 'I Know' .

No comments:

Post a Comment